Send As SMS



Credits

Ten thousand years of Roboshrub.

Fangs for the memories.




In today’s state, Roboshrub Incorporated is an entity entirely devoted
to the execution of what normal people would refer to as “bad ideas.”

It was the creator’s original idea that all concepts, whether
useful or not, contribute to the global subconscious level of progress
for the human race. Therefore, we contend that no idea is an unfit
idea, and vow to act on each and every one of them.

Roboshrub Inc.
Public Communications Department






Changes may not fully take effect until you reload the page.




For your insolence, I condemn you to...

Suffer the Fate of a Thousand Bees!
(Before they go extinct)

Print Logo

4.13.2006

The Day The Scones Fought Back- Chapter 4

“Fat Camp”

“You can’t come in he- urk!”

“I am a United States Senator, and I can go anywhere I want to, junior!” bellowed Senator Ninja at the young secret service agent he held by the neck about six inches above the ground. The agent was taken aback, suddenly realizing his folly as the martial arts master/congressman cut off the circulation to his brain.


Also, he ninja-slapped him for good measure.

“Of- of course... Senator Ninja! I... urgh... I’m sorry for the inconvenience, sir!”

Senator Ninja threw the agent against the adjoining wall, knocking over a glass case of children’s popsicle stick houses.

“Don’t let it happen again, or I might get angry,” he sneered. “and when I get angry I eat. Do you want the most prominent senator in the United States Senate to get fat, boy?”

“No sir!” barked the agent weakly as he rubbed his throat.

“Good. Because I’m very self-conscious about my weight problem, citizen.” Senator Ninja’s eyes started to tear up. “You have no idea how hard it is to keep in shape when you’re my age and you have a job that requires you to be inside all the time. I’m a ninja, man! A ninja! I crave excitement!”


Most ninjas have weight problems due to their love of fried chicken.

And with that, the door to the senate chamber burst open. Vice President Dick Cheney stepped out, wearing a fez and carrying a tire under his left arm.

“Senator Ninja! The office of the Vice President has need of your services once again!” he screeched in his Wyoming drawl. Wyoming is such a nice place, Senator Ninja thought to himself. Then he suddenly had an epiphany.

“Dick,” he started, his eyes beginning to swell once more. “Dick, I’m a senator, right?”

“Yaaaarrrr! Ye be a senator,” said the Vice President in a mock pirate timbre.

“Then... who am I representing here?! What state- what- where am I from?!”


“Who am I?!”

When Dick Cheney heard this, he whipped his head around to the injured secret agent who was still stroking his neck.

“Leave us!”

And with that, the young man jumped up and used his government sanctioned rocket boots to exit via the ceiling. “Oowwwwww...” he cried as he flew off into the night.

“Why’d you go and do that?” cried Senator Ninja. “That... was—sniff—my best friend! I was finally—sniff—connecting with another human being!”

“Enough of your theatrics,” belted out Cheney as he tore the glasses from his face in a dramatic manner. “You were right. Sadly, the scones have indeed returned.” He paused a moment to let that sink in. Senator Ninja stood there crestfallen, then looked up at the gaping hole in the ceiling.


“Yup. That’s a gaping hole, all right.”

“Who’s paying for that hole?”

“What hole? I see no hole.”

“But the-”

“The taxpayers, Senator Ninja.”

“Oh.”

Cheney pulled out a small envelope from his right front pocket. It had a sick rubbery look to it, and was a pale mauve. He handed it to Senator Ninja.

“Here are the directions to our outpost in northern Canada. May the force, like, totally be with you, dude.” said Cheney in a faux California valley girl voice. “Ch-yeah!”

“I won’t miss that,” said Senator Ninja under his breath as he tore open the letter. He pulled out a single piece of paper; there was nothing written on it. It was completely blank.

“Hey Cheney, this- Cheney?”

The hallway was empty. The only evidence Cheney had ever been there was a lingering aroma of cheap cologne and bird shot.

“I’ll say this for him; the man knows how to make an exit,” came a voice from the far end of the hall. Senator Ninja swiveled a full 180 degrees, bringing himself face to face with the source of the vocalization.


Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean someone isn’t out to get you.

“Hello there... Tom DeLay.”

Processing 28×100 Robo-Comments:

Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

The illustrations are awesome!!! Just awesome!!! & the story is dramatic. :)

"I'm a ninja, man! A ninja!"
It gets me in the gut, everytime.

4/13/2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

I figured I should do something with this story since I haven't written a new chapter in about six months.

And yet the characters and plot picked up right where they left off, as if suspended in time.

4/13/2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger flatlander gesticulated...

Those ninja pics are great.

It's hard enough to even see a ninja, let alone get him to stand still long enough to make a sketch. You must have a fast drawing arm!

4/13/2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger JM gesticulated...

You've gotta make a calendar out of your illustrations.

4/13/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

My arm is capable of 32 meganinjas per second.

A calander is like a robot, but slower.

4/13/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator gesticulated...

Senator Ninja? Dick Cheney? Mock pirate timbres? Man, I love political humor.

4/13/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

You'll love it even more when it happens to you.

4/13/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo gesticulated...



That story lacks...Gist.

But the Tom Delay bit...priceless.

4/13/2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

He's in on the Scone thing, I know it! At least, I think so. Not even I know how the story will end, if it ever does.

4/13/2006 6:10 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

Roboshrub! You've returned to us!

4/13/2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger Joaquin Mattison gesticulated...

Tom DeLay is Texas tough. Tough enough for Botox.

4/13/2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

He's had quite a rough patch, what with the Mass Hobo Grave scandal.

4/13/2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo gesticulated...



I admire a man who can take care of business. Much like yourself.

4/14/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

I don't get it.

4/14/2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo gesticulated...



iono

4/14/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Rick Anonymi gesticulated...

Reporting back from the future...

The Scones have taken North Dakota. It's only a matter of time until South Datoka follows.

4/14/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo gesticulated...



Rick Anonymi tried to spy on me at a government event. I recognized his yellow teeth. And the fact that he was the only robot there.

4/14/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger Rick Anonymi gesticulated...

I'm everywhere and nowhere.

*whoosh*

"Who was that?" they ask.

For I am a secret agent; the apex of artifice.

4/14/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo gesticulated...


Could have been his arch enemy, Dick Imynona.

4/14/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Rick Anonymi gesticulated...

Oh, I hate that guy. Ruined the company picnic.

Prince of a man, I'll tell you that much.

4/14/2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Ticharu gesticulated...

That was really good Gyrobo. The artwerk is dramatic. All it needs is some soundtrack...

4/15/2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

Hey! We talkied about the calender thing a while ago. I guess I could print out the pics & make my own calender. But, I'm kinda hooked on the 'I hate Cats' theme at the moment, or the 'New York Times' dog cartoons.

I love that dog 'Brian' on family guy, too.

4/15/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger mkecurler gesticulated...

The humor was great. Lovin the illustrations as well.
Scones freaking rock!

4/15/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

Nice looking beast. Is he carrying a spear because he was declawed?

4/15/2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

Torveld, i think my ex-husband must of been your prototype.

Fellas, nave you seen the news this morning about the pregnant robot, Noelle? She looks like a mannequin & delivers a plastic doll. Do you guys know her?

4/16/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Rick Anonymi gesticulated...

Know her? I was on the team that built her! Well, I supervised that team. Supervised it like a fox!

4/16/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Fred gesticulated...

Wow - I've missed your blog. I need to come back more often.

4/16/2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

I'll say! The art just gets less and less anti-good!

4/16/2006 4:03 PM