Send As SMS



Credits

Ten thousand years of Roboshrub.

Fangs for the memories.




In today’s state, Roboshrub Incorporated is an entity entirely devoted
to the execution of what normal people would refer to as “bad ideas.”

It was the creator’s original idea that all concepts, whether
useful or not, contribute to the global subconscious level of progress
for the human race. Therefore, we contend that no idea is an unfit
idea, and vow to act on each and every one of them.

Roboshrub Inc.
Public Communications Department






Changes may not fully take effect until you reload the page.




For your insolence, I condemn you to...

Suffer the Fate of a Thousand Bees!
(Before they go extinct)

Print Logo

12.22.2007

Finality Unbound

At first there is that searing spark
Of blinding, swelling, constant dark.
It hits you like a ton of bricks
Backwards down a punji pit.

The nascent tomes, the burning quest
To fall behind yet stay abreast.
Bound in place you’re forced to run
In clogs cemented down with gum.

Who's so cute?! Who's that there?!“Who’s so cute?! Who’s that there?!”
Over the years they all came and went
The way of the dodo and left the place spent.
I made eighty friends to help pass the time
While I burrowed that hole to escape from my mind.

Then it got slightly better
Before it got worse.
But worse still was the letter
I got from Bratwurst.

“You looked quite the fop in your Opera T-shirt,”
His handwriting said through the blurry ink spurts.
“Your last day was something, but I heard you got fired.
“Oh no,” I wrote back, “my job simply expired.”

“I’ll soon land another, I’ve always been clever
And now that I’ve got that degree in whatever...”
“I much prefer radians” was the only response
I got out of him at our group’s last seance.

OMG! Internet Explorer 8 is Acid2 compliant!“OMG! Internet Explorer 8 is Acid2 compliant!
Which brings me full circle back to the first part
So I hope you’ll remember that spark at the start.

A house with no ceilings is not soundly built
Nor can shoelace-less hobos weave leaves to a quilt.
Pigs that can’t fly will soon learn to drown
Over fish that can’t swim on the sun-baked high ground.

Labels:


Processing 5×100 Robo-Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann gesticulated...

I absolutely adore my opera t-shirt!
Have a very Merry Christmas!
~xo
Lee Ann

12/24/2007 2:26 AM  
Blogger flatlander gesticulated...

I enjoyed that one. It was zesty without being overbearing, ironic yet genteel. Then there were those tropical birds I got via Fedex yesterday. Thank you for that, and the banjos.

Season's Gr/eatings!

F.L.

12/24/2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

❦ Many greetings to you all! ❧

12/25/2007 7:54 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

Nice poem! You are clever. kinda reminds me of Dr. Suess ☺☺☺

12/26/2007 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Birleşik Arap Emirlikleri Havayollari gesticulated...

cool thanks

4/16/2009 6:32 AM