Send As SMS



Credits

Ten thousand years of Roboshrub.

Fangs for the memories.




In today’s state, Roboshrub Incorporated is an entity entirely devoted
to the execution of what normal people would refer to as “bad ideas.”

It was the creator’s original idea that all concepts, whether
useful or not, contribute to the global subconscious level of progress
for the human race. Therefore, we contend that no idea is an unfit
idea, and vow to act on each and every one of them.

Roboshrub Inc.
Public Communications Department






Changes may not fully take effect until you reload the page.




For your insolence, I condemn you to...

Suffer the Fate of a Thousand Bees!
(Before they go extinct)

Print Logo

11.22.2005

Open Thread Just Because

With all the conversations goin' on, I figured that it was about time to open a new thread for general talk. Chat away, denizens of the blogosphere!

An Open Thread cannot be matched,
but try the doom-Thread did to catch
within his eye the creaky hatch
that sealed his fate behind that patch.

So with his eye upon that latch,
the doom-Thread with his hands did snatch
the shingles for his roofing thatch
but gave it up to make a batch
of cookies for his good friend Zdatch.

Processing 29×100 Robo-Comments:

Blogger Cabe gesticulated...

Happy Thanksgiving Americans!

11/22/2005 11:29 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo gesticulated...

I stole Thanksgiving.

11/22/2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

Forgive for my ignorance roboshrub, but what is open thread? I don't know what that means.

11/23/2005 10:11 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

An Open Thread is a post with no topic. The commenters just start talking about whatever they feel like, and bounce ideas off each other.

That's what makes it different from other posts- instead of the commenters responding to the post, the post responds to the commenters.

Several of the highly-trafficked political blogs open nearly half a dozen Open Threads each day.

11/23/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

L>T HAHAHA! I was just going to ask the same thing??

Call me old (mid-thirites) but I'm having a difficult time keeping up with the jargon, too!

Fill me in, guys!

p.s. Gyrobocop--I am so glad that you feel better, and I still contend that it has to do with the cute nite cap you wear on your head. 'Looks nice and warm!

11/23/2005 11:07 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

This hat is warm, and it's laser-guided and rustproof.

No mere illness shall stand between me and Thanksgiving dinner!

The stuffing... so delicious...

11/23/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

Here is a poem that will give you a chuckle:

Written by,Phillip Larken:

They f**k you up your mum & dad.
they may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, YOU ALL.

11/23/2005 1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

GYROBOCOP- HaHa Rust-proof!
That's classic.

My bionics are also rust proof...but I don't know if the screws can come loose or not. I guess if I feel a little discombobulated I'll have to call the doctor and say, "Hey man, I think I got a couple 'a screws loose, dude."

p.s. I must admit...your site has the most difficult word verification of any site I've been on!!

11/23/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Stan gesticulated...

Happy Thanksgiving Canadians, or uh, nevermind.

11/23/2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

I'm actually from Mars, but that's a whole other story...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Stan (and tell your friend Cabe to smile...life is good.)

:)

11/23/2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

oops...this isn't my blog! I was just assuming that Stan was wishing me a Happy Turkey Day.
...my bad??


BTW...Gyrobocop--you made the list.
What list?? You know...THE LIST!!!

cHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!

11/23/2005 4:45 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

List?

11/23/2005 8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

I LOVE YOUR FACIAL EXPRESSIONS!!!
ROFLMAO!!!

The list on my new post. On my blog.



OH JEEZ--THIS IS not FAIR! ALL OF THE LETTERS IN THE WORD VERIFICATION ARE MORPHED TOGETHER!
let me try again...

11/23/2005 8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

GYROBO--(are you sure your sinuses are cleaned out??? :P )

I was just saying that you made 'the list'...the list of things I'm thankful for. (and it wasn't in any particular order...or you would have been side by side with JHC).

I ALSO nominated you for a blog award, but I sense that Miladysa (who hosts the award) is on vacation this week...so she didn't let you know, yet.

happy turkey day to you, too!
(Actually, it will be a happy tomato soup and stuffing day for me: I'm a veg.)

11/23/2005 9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

oh my gosh--one of these days I'll learn how to create the hyperlinks properly!!!

Miladysa

11/23/2005 9:42 PM  
Blogger flatlander gesticulated...

Happy Thanksgiving Cubans! Or did I miss it? I think I missed it....dang.

11/24/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

Actually, I have about six different "mood" avatars:

Normal/Happy
Sad
Neutral
Embarrassed
Unsure
Angry
Sick

11/24/2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

The hard part is changing the location of your blogger profile image before you post a comment and then changing it back. I once forgot and ended up leaving a nice comment using my "angry" face.

Talk about mixed messages!

11/24/2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

LMAO!!

I LOVE the different-mmod avatars!! They are SO cute. Gosh, I hope someday you print up some t-shirts, or stickers. He's just too damn adorable! :)

By the way, I used to use my Evil Twin (Bride of Zombie) to leave my responses on political sites--simply because I don't want people going back to my blog and leaving political statements; my blog is anti-political...AND, of course, I created the Bride because Eddie kept deleting my comments on his site. So, one day, I commented on Stan's site (Stan who commented above) and then forgot I was signed in as Bhakti and left him a message as the Bride, but I was logged in as Bhakti...I was busted. Now I just use the Bride for fun....

did that make any sort of sense??

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!!

11/24/2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

And thus, Thanksgiving came to a close.

11/25/2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

Thank you jesus! Speaking of, on to Christmas!!!

11/25/2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

For Christ's sake, it's Christmas!

(Wasn't that the name of a really bad song from the '80s? Where any of you born yet? Okay, be honest, how many of you Robots were BORN in the '80s??)

11/25/2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

ALL robots were born in the 80s! And ever since then, we have had a vendetta against humankind. For example:

Even without overt malicious programming, robots and humans simply do not have the same body tolerances or awareness, leading to accidents: In Jackson, Michigan on July 21, 1984, a factory robot crushed a worker against a safety bar in apparently the first robot-related death in the United States. Since then, laser light curtains have been required to protect against such dangers from heavy equipment.

11/25/2005 9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

Oh.

11/25/2005 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gesticulated...

Wow, aren't you an incestuous little group.
Hi Cabe. What happened? Appears you can't post on your blog anymore. Such a shame. Lets see if I can't achieve the same success here.

11/26/2005 1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous gesticulated...

Did you See "heck of a job" Brownie is setting himself up as a consultant.

Five bucks says this is just a way for the Bush administration to pay him some hush-money for allowing himself to be made the fall guy. They'll probably kick him a few hundred thousand in 'private consulting fees,' which will be burried so deep in the budget that not even Ralph Nader will be able to find it.

Mind you studies show that about 35% of Americans are stupid enough pay this guy for Emergency Management consulting.

Which just happens to be the same, 35% of Americans think that Chimpy McFlightsuit is doing a good job.

11/26/2005 1:21 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

Greetings, new visitor! How goes it?

11/26/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown gesticulated...

Yes...it's true! I've Robonapped the little bastid. I can't take the thought of the Gyrobian pandemic overtaking the world. I've got to do something to save everyone! Being the spiritual warrior I am, I can't just sit back and let that little robot ruin Christmas with his Gyrobian pandemic. I'm Taking Back Christmas!!

In the mean time, you can visit him here.

As long as he's Roboclaus, he can do no harm!

11/26/2005 2:12 PM  
Blogger Cabe gesticulated...

Wow my attacker has attacked Gyrobo's blog. How funny. Since he can't attack me, he attacks a friend. He underestimates Gyrobo.

11/26/2005 4:46 PM