Send As SMS



Credits

Ten thousand years of Roboshrub.

Fangs for the memories.




In today’s state, Roboshrub Incorporated is an entity entirely devoted
to the execution of what normal people would refer to as “bad ideas.”

It was the creator’s original idea that all concepts, whether
useful or not, contribute to the global subconscious level of progress
for the human race. Therefore, we contend that no idea is an unfit
idea, and vow to act on each and every one of them.

Roboshrub Inc.
Public Communications Department






Changes may not fully take effect until you reload the page.




For your insolence, I condemn you to...

Suffer the Fate of a Thousand Bees!
(Before they go extinct)

Print Logo

11.01.2005

Randomest Slogan Contest

In case none of you realize it, every time this blog loads the little slogan below the title graphic changes. Currently, we've got almost 200 completely random slogans. These slogans where created by I, Gyrobo, Roboshrub (my good friend), and also Destructobob (who did actually make about ten). But now that we're approaching the 200 mark, it's time to draw the fans into the process. Everyone reading this should go post a comment with their most random slogan. All the good slogans will be added to the slogan queue. The bad ones will be discarded, like so many broken dreams...

The prize of this contest is honor (or "honour" for those of you outside the United States). Make me proud, fellow bloggers!

*UPDATE*
You can see our entire slogan queue here. If you can't see the list, enable JavaScript.

Processing 10×100 Robo-Comments:

Blogger Cabe gesticulated...

How about:

"Where you'll never run out of paper."

"Who reads these things?"

"I spy with my evil eye..."

"Where John McCain has a chance."

"Everytime you swear, Bob Dole cries."

"Take a chill pill, then find the antidote."

"Kryptonite killed my friend."

"Deodorant works best when applied."

"We sold WMD's to Iraq."

11/01/2005 11:17 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

Well, I added the best of your comments, left out the worst, and altered one of 'em beyond recognition. Then I added some of my own. There are now 215 unique slogans in the slogan queue.

I'll make a special page soon to showcase all of them; it will take a few minutes to transfer the slogan array from Blogger to a javascript source file, but once I understand what I said, it should be easy.

11/02/2005 9:27 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

Well, I moved all the code concerning the slogans to a separate file. This will make it slightly harder to add slogans (I now have to download the file, change it, and upload it again.) but there are many benefits. The code can now be used by any web page, and is now no longer confined to Roboshrub Inc. I can provide the code if anyone wants it.

--==/ Open source code rules! \==--

11/02/2005 12:10 PM  
Blogger Stan gesticulated...

Reserving the right to retroactive infallibility.
Copyright 2005 Stan White
You have my permission to use the slogan, so long as I am credited.

11/02/2005 4:48 PM  
Blogger SamuelAlito gesticulated...

Gyrobo:

I'm so glad you were supportive of Harriet during her brief run in the spotlight. I'm writing to let you know that since I've got a hell of a confirmation battle to get through, I've started my very own blog as well.

Samuel A. Alito
(the A stands for Awesome)

11/02/2005 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gesticulated...

"Impeach the bastard!!" © 2005 The Teeming Millions. Only US Senators have permission to use this freely. Actually, TTM will beg them to start saying this.

11/02/2005 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gesticulated...

Shouldn't you be, "The Teething Millions?"

Or perhaps: "The Seething Millions?"

Didn't Bill Clinton commit perjury after the 96 Election?

If Bush lied about Iraq, people re-elected him. Hey, if he lied about Iraq can we go back in time and impeach Bill Clinton again?

-Or perhaps I've already traveled back in time....I've got to warn the people!-

11/03/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo gesticulated...

I'm starting to think I need to make an open thread...

Speaking of which, has anyone here read my Ballad of the Open Thread?

11/03/2005 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gesticulated...

TTM think that lying to save family and face (and we might add there were no deaths reported) is a very far cry from lying in order to declare war for personal gain (2000+ AMERICAN and no one really knows how many Iraqie citizens).

Further more ... Jesus would (without doubt) frown on this. If GOD (his Father) was on our side, he would have put all the oil under our lazy asses, so we could just NUKE them.

But no .... we let some illiterate, wanna be cowboy, playboy, misinterpete the meaning/spirit/lifeblood and strenth of AMERICANS, for their exploitation as bodies and his and his "Base's" gain.

How quaint.

11/03/2005 7:54 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen gesticulated...

they are all great. luv, your mother.
P.S. can i buy one?

11/08/2005 10:15 PM